This peach dump cake recipe could not get any easier! It’s even better than I remember my grandma’s peach cobbler tasting as a kid. You won’t believe how easy it is to prepare this old fashioned dessert!
It’s why I decided that it was time to share a few of my other dump cake recipes.
This peach dump cake version is my husband’s favorite type of dump cake.
It tastes like a classic peach cobbler, but I don’t have to waste any extra time in the kitchen to make it!
Peach Dump Cake Recipe
What could be easier than a cake mix, butter, brown sugar, and a can of peaches?
This is a wonderful dessert to serve after Sunday dinner, but I’ve even made it on Thanksgiving!
How to Make Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Time needed: 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Here’s how to make our easy peach dump cake (cobbler.)
- Prepare your dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. With the 1 tablespoon of your butter, grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Evenly spread the 2 tablespoons brown sugar on the bottom of the pan over the butter.
- Add the peaches
Dump the peaches including the juice into the pan, spread evenly.
- Add the cake mix
Spread the cake mix evenly over the peaches.
- Top with butter and bake
Cut the 1 ½ sticks of butter into small pieces and place evenly over top of the cake mix. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown.
- Use quality butter for the best results. I love Kerrygold butter, but any high-quality butter will help enhance the flavor of your crumble!
- One of the best tips I’ve gotten recently is to add the butter all over the top cut into chunks. In the past, I’ve drizzled melted butter on top, but the method as pictured here really helps evenly distribute the butter on the top of your peach dump cake.
- Can you use a different type of cake mix? Sure! I have only tried the yellow cake mix in this recipe, but you can certainly mix it up and try different flavors if you’re feeling adventurous.
- Don’t forget the vanilla ice cream! Serving this warm with a big scoop of old fashioned vanilla ice cream sends this peach cobbler dump cake recipe over the TOP!
I hope you love my easy peach dump cake recipe!
Be sure to add this recipe to your favorite dessert boards on Pinterest to share the love. :)
- 1 ½ sticks butter +1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 (29-ounce can) peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 (15.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With the 1 tablespoon butter, grease the bottom and sides of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Evenly spread the 2 tablespoons brown sugar on the bottom of the pan over the butter.
- Dump the peaches including the juice into the pan, spread evenly. Spread the cake mix evenly over the peaches. Cut the 1 ½ sticks of butter into small pieces and place evenly over top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 413mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g