Sometimes it’s fun to make amazing cookies from scratch using a trusted family recipe, but it’s equally enjoyable to make delicious semi-homemade cookies like these incredible (and incredibly easy) pretzel-topped sugar cookies that you can whip together using refrigerated sugar cookie dough!
Stop it—using pre-made cookie dough and pre-dipped chocolate covered pretzels is absolutely NOT cheating.
Well, so maybe it’s cheating a little bit, but who cares? These pretzel-topped sugar cookies taste fantastic and they are as cute as can be, so that’s all that really matters, if you ask me!
I actually grabbed this recipe from an issue of Taste of Home. I was needing some quick and easy cookies for a holiday party, and these simple cookies were exactly the kind of no-brainer dessert that I was looking for.
These cookies are great for those of you who don’t really love to bake but still want to be able to make impressive cookies to enjoy at home or to carry-in for parties or events from time to time.
I used white chocolate covered pretzels for the top of my cookies, but you could also use milk or dark chocolate covered pretzels if you’d prefer a contrasting look.
The crispy, sweet and salty pretzel on top of each sugar cookie makes each bite of these easy cookies really delicious.
My kids love these cookies and have requested that I make a try for them to take to school next week for their holiday parties!
Grab the recipe below and be sure to pin these yummy cookies to your favorite dessert boards on Pinterst! These would make great holiday cookies, but they are also versatile enough to be enjoyed throughout the year.
Happy baking and happy holidays from my family to yours! :)
- 2 tubes refrigerated sugar cookie dough, 16.5 oz. each
- 2 ½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1 package ( 7 ½ oz.) white chocolate covered pretzels
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, crumble both tubes of cookie dough. A little at a time, stir in 1 ½ cups of white chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place a pretzel on the top of each cookie while they are still hot. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the remaining cup of chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the cooled cookies.