My easy sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers are the perfect game day appetizer or holiday party finger food.
Whether you’re hosting a Big Game party at your home or just enjoying the game with your own crew, this incredible appetizer recipe featuring delicious Hatfield Sweet Italian Ground Sausage will be a crowd favorite.
I’d like to thank Hatfield for sponsoring this recipe.
My favorite part about these sausage stuffed mini peppers is how simple they are to make on game day or any time.
You’ll be pre-roasting your mini sweet peppers to soften them a bit, and then it’s really just a matter of combining a few quality ingredients.
Speaking of quality, the star ingredient in these stuffed peppers is really the Hatfield Quality Meats Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage.
I love the flavor of this sausage and it does most of the work towards making this recipe taste amazing.
Every year when the Big Game rolls around I tend to default to a few tried-and-true recipes.
You know which ones I’m talking about—the same old, same old—wings and pizza. Instead of getting stuck in a boring game day recipe rut, why try my sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers or one of the outstanding recipes featured on the Hatfield Quality Meats Big Game page?
Hatfield Quality Meats even has an interactive build-your-own game day playbook on the site where you can get simple meal recipes customized to your game-day event.
Let’s face it, no one wants to be busy with complicated dishes on game day. It’s why these sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers are one of my favorite appetizers.
It’s also why Hatfield Quality Meats are among my favorite stress-free ingredients.
If you like your Big Game appetizers on the spicy side, you could easily recreate this recipe using jalapeños using the same ingredients and instructions. That actually sounds really scrumptious and I plan to give this variation a whirl the next time I make the recipe at home!
Honestly, if you’ve been scouring the web for some amazingly flavorful sausage and cream cheese stuffed peppers, you’re going to go wild for this recipe. I usually have to make two sheets of them to keep my football fans happy on game day.
They are THAT good!
Be sure to pin this recipe so you don’t forget about it, and remember, you don’t have to be a sports fan to enjoy all of the fun, food, and festivity of the Big Game. Just grab a bite of my fabulous sausage stuffed peppers and enjoy the day!
What are you making for the Big Game?
Be sure to visit the Hatfield Quality Meats Campaign Page on SheKnows where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
More Delicious Appetizers
- 16 ounce bag mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Hatfield Quality Meats Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup shredded 3 cheese blend (parmesan, romano & asiago, or, just use parmesan) cheese, extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Wash your sweet peppers and cut each one in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Be sure to lay each pepper down to see which way to cut, ensuring they will lay flat on your baking sheet. Remove seeds and membranes. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a large baking sheet. Place peppers on the sheet and toss to coat in olive oil. Turn all peppers cut sides up, salt lightly and bake for 6 to 8 minutes to soften.
- Crumble and thoroughly cook the Hatfield Sweet Italian Ground Sausage. Drain grease and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix together the room temperature cream cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and the shredded cheese. Stir sausage into the mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the sausage and cheese mixture into the pepper halves. Sprinkle with extra cheese to your taste and bake your sausage stuffed sweet peppers for 5 to 7 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy while warm!