Yes, I’m one of those people. As soon as the kids head back to school I’m more than eager to start enjoying pumpkin everything! This moist and flavorful cream cheese filled pumpkin bread is the perfect recipe to satisfy your pumpkin cravings!
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Holiday-inspired breads are one of my favorite foods to enjoy throughout the season, and bread always makes a great gift for friends and family.
This cream cheese filled pumpkin bread is wonderful because it’s not over-the-top decadent. It’s just sweet enough, and the creamy cream cheese filling makes it really special.
This pumpkin bread is just as pretty as it is scrumptious. That’s the mark of a great pumpkin dessert!
I’m loving this delicious cream cheese filled pumpkin bread with my coffee in the mornings, and it’s fantastic to send along with my husband as a quick and easy to-go breakfast when he’s rushing out the door to work.
My kids love this bread too, and I’ve been sending a little piece in their lunch boxes this week.
Yes, I have a bit of an early start on my fall baking, and now I’m just waiting for the weather to catch up with me. It was almost 90 degrees in Ohio today but I still thoroughly enjoyed my cream cheese filled pumpkin bread.
If it’s still a little early in the season for you, be sure to pin this bread recipe to your favorite boards on Pinterest so you can circle back to it in October when you’re ready to give it a whirl. While you’re at it, do NOT MISS my famous chocolate chip banana bread!
So, tell me, are you as eager for fall to begin as I am?
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- For the cream cheese middle: In a medium bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and the vanilla and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- For the bread: In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and the pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs and the pumpkin puree until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture a little at a time, stir until just evenly combined.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top of this layer and spread evenly, then add the remaining batter.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. For softer edges cover with foil the last 15 minutes of baking. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing, then place on a wire rack and cool completely before slicing.