Our heavenly ambrosia muffins are filled with sweet coconut, pineapple, cherries, and pecans. This ambrosia muffins recipe produces a beautiful and tasty treat that works well for the holidays, a potluck, or even a spring brunch.
Ambrosia Muffins Recipe
If you’re a fan of classic ambrosia salad, you’re going to adore these moist ambrosia muffins!
There’s just something special about the combination of flavors in these muffins. I mean, we’re talking pineapple, cherries, coconut, and pecans!
You might remember that my husband is a huge fan of muffins. While my snickerdoodle muffins are his favorite, these ambrosia muffins are a close second.
He loves having a muffin with his evening coffee.
I love these ambrosia muffins because I’m a huge fan of anything with coconut.
In fact, my favorite dessert of all time are these old-fashioned coconut bars.
I also love muffins that have some texture. The topping for these muffins is so tasty and gives them a really pretty finish.
I love keeping muffins around the house as a quick grab-and-go breakfast, or a tasty brunch to enjoy with guests who drop by.
These ambrosia muffins are also nice for taking to events. Just pop them into an airtight container and you’re ready to go. This muffin tin with lid is a lifesaver!
I hope you love these scrumptious ambrosia muffins. I know I do!
Moist and delicious ambrosia muffins are loaded with coconut goodness!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 ⅓ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 ( 8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and the Kosher salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together, the coconut milk, pineapple, canola oil, eggs, and the orange zest until well blended.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry stirring just until combined. Using a wooden spoon stir in the cherries. Divided the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl , stir together the flour, brown sugar, butter, until crumbly. Stir in pecans, coconut, salt and the orange zest. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Adapted from Taste Of The South: Pecan Everything Special issue 2018
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 14.3gSaturated Fat: 7.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6.6gCholesterol: 30.8mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 56.3gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 28.4gProtein: 3.8g
One Comment on “Ambrosia Muffins”
Looking soo yummy ????