Oh, avocados, how I love thee! If you’re as crazy about avocados as I am you’re going to fall in love with this incredibly delicious avocado basil pasta recipe. It’s packed with all the delicious flavors of summer. In addition to perfect, ripe avocados, this pasta dish includes fresh tomatoes, crispy bacon, and parmesan cheese. It’s heaven in a bowl, y’all.
Avocado Basil Pasta
This recipe is one that I crave at least a few times every summer, and I whipped some up today for my family. It’s a really versatile and healthy recipe
The funny thing about me and avocados is that I actually didn’t try one until I was about 20 years old. I’m not even sure how that’s possible, but, I think it had something to do with the fact that I grew up in a really small town that just didn’t give my family access to a lot of fresh produce.
Sure, I had an abundance of fresh vegetables from my grandpa’s garden—sweet corn, green beans and big, juicy tomatoes for days—but no avocado.
Let’s just say that when I finally tried an avocado, my heart skipped a beat. Literally!
Oh, and speaking of tomatoes, I used cherry tomatoes for this avocado basil pasta but you can roughly chop any ripe tomatoes that you have on hand.
If you ARE using cherry tomatoes just be sure you slice or quarter them so that they can soak up all of the delicious flavors in this avocado basil pasta recipe.
This recipe is one of my all-time favorites and I’m so glad that I finally took the time to share it with all of you. I hope you adore this dish as much as I do!
If you’re looking for another light and healthy recipe featuring avocado, check out my clean eating lettuce wraps with chicken and avocado recipe.
More Summertime Salads
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 medium avocados, halved, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook bow tie pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine the avocados, chopped tomatoes, crumbled bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add the pasta and combine, then sprinkle with cheese.