My famous chicken spaghetti recipe is creamy, flavorful, and so easy to make. It may only be famous in my kitchen, but according to my family, this chicken spaghetti deserves a gold medal!
Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
It’s always really great when you can whip up a simple family dinner recipe that everyone enjoys—even your picky eaters. This chicken spaghetti recipe was passed down from my mom. I’ve made a few modifications over the years, but it’s more or less the same chicken spaghetti dish that I can remember her putting on the table when I was a kid.
How To Make Chicken Spaghetti
This isn’t your traditional red sauce spaghetti recipe! My chicken spaghetti is nice and creamy, making it a break from our normal dinner routine which is always good in my book.
Chicken Spaghetti Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare this easy chicken spaghetti dish for your family:
- unsalted butter
- bell pepper
- small onion
- chicken broth
- half and half
- grated parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley
- rotisserie chicken
- spaghetti noodles
- cheddar cheese
- salt + pepper
I use rotisserie chicken because I find them to be tender and delicious. Plus, it makes putting together easy casseroles like my Doritos casserole an absolute snap! Of course, you can use any kind of chicken you have on hand to make this easy chicken spaghetti recipe.
This chicken spaghetti could also easily be modified with different vegetables. If peppers aren’t your thing, broccoli would also taste amazing in this dish.
The possibilities are really quite endless when it comes to simple skillet recipes like this.
As I mentioned, this dish is a great alternative to traditional spaghetti recipes that utilize red sauce.
My husband has stomach issues that makes him sensitive to tomato sauces, so this is a wonderfully creamy alternative for him.
As for me, I’m a huge fan of all that cheese. Doesn’t cheese just make everything taste better?
I hope you enjoy my tasty chicken spaghetti recipe as much as my family does! Also, be sure to watch our fun tutorial video below to see the whole process, step by step. ❤️
More Delicious Dinner Ideas
- Ground Turkey Vegetable Soup
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Old Fashioned Goulash
This easy, creamy chicken spaghetti is a fabulous dinner idea for those hectic weeknights.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- ¾ cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 cups), shredded and cut into small pieces
- ½ a (16-ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- extra parsley for garnish, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on the package. Drain and add a little oil or butter to prevent it sticking together, set aside.
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add the peppers, onion, and the garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the chicken broth and allow it to come to a boil while continuing to stir. Whisk in the half and half stirring continuously to prevent sticking. Allow it to come to a boil then stir in the grated parmesan cheese and the parsley, remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chicken and the pasta. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Top with the sharp cheddar cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Optionally, garnish with fresh parsley.