This Pressure Cooker Chicken Orzo Soup recipe is sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. All opinions are my own.
I’ve been asking myself why it’s taken me so long to jump on the pressure cooker bandwagon. After spending a few days cooking with the new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker, I’m really grateful that I’ve finally been introduced to the wonder of this product which can cook meals 70% faster than traditional cooking!
The first recipe I tried in my new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker was this delicious chicken orzo soup, and wow, was it ever easy to make!
If you’re a regular reader of my blog, you already know that I am a big fan of the Crock-Pot® brand for slow cooking, and I am really excited about the new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker which does slow cooking, pressure cooking, and a whole lot more.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe
As a busy working mother of two, I am always seeking new and innovative ways to put tasty food on the dinner table, faster.
The new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker helps me achieve that goal by combining the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, steamer, sauté/browning, along with 8 built-in preset buttons that effortlessly cook a variety of great tasting meals.
Honestly, y’all, this thing couldn’t be easier to use, and I’m so excited to start experimenting in the kitchen by turning some of my favorite slow cooker recipes into pressure cooker recipes!
I prepared this warm, comforting and nutritious pressure cooker chicken orzo soup in less than 30 minutes from start to serving.
This is such a wonderful and simple soup recipe that my whole family enjoys. I also love sending the leftovers to work with my husband the next day in an insulated bowl. He works in the elements, and it’s the perfect way for him to warm-up during his lunch hour.
I’m so thrilled that the Crock-Pot® brand has designed this wonderfully versatile product. Priced at $79.99, the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker is available for purchase at Crock-Pot.com, Target, Amazon.com, and Best Buy. Don’t forget to check these stores for amazing sales on Black Friday!
I know I’m going to be using it all the time, especially during the busy holiday season when I need to rely on easy meals to feed my crew.
Speaking of easy meals to feed my crew (and yours), I’ve rounded up some great recipes below that would work great in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker!
7-Day No-Fuss Family Meal Plan
- SUNDAY: Easy-Peasy Pressure Cooker Corned Beef
- MONDAY: Meatless Monday Vegetable Lentil Soup
- TUESDAY: Two-Hander Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- WEDNESDAY: Kids Choice Mac N’ Cheese
- THURSDAY: Three Cheers for Cheesy Enchiladas!
- FRIDAY: Fri-YAY White Chicken Chili
- SATURDAY: Movie Night Deep Dish Pizza
More Pressure Cooker Recipes
Pressure Cooker Chicken Orzo Soup
This healthy and delicious pressure cooker chicken orzo soup is the perfect no-fuss family dinner recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ cup orzo, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Press the brown/sauté button, set temperature to high, and then press start. Allow to preheat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots and the celery. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the thyme and the bay leaf. Place the chicken breasts on top of the vegetables, then pour in one cup of the chicken broth. Place the lid on the pot and lock. Press the soup function(or manually set to pressure cook on high) and adjust the cook time to 10 minutes. At the end of cooking use the natural pressure release method and allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, thyme and the bay leaf. Add the remaining broth to the pot, select the brown/sauté function to high temperature and bring to a boil. Add the orzo and cook to al dente according to the directions on the box. While the orzo is cooking, shred the chicken. When desired doneness of the orzo is reached stir in the shredded chicken. Squeeze in the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with crackers or bread and enjoy!