Classic Potato Salad
My idea of pure bliss is a paper plate loaded with grill fare and a heaping scoop of this creamy, classic potato salad!
This easy classic potato salad recipe is just like the recipe that my mom used to make when I was a kid. It’s perfectly delicious in every way.
Classic Potato Salad Recipe
The last potato salad that I had at a friend’s cookout was made without hard-boiled eggs.
I’ve found that I just really love the flavor and texture that the eggs add to the recipe.
It’s just the way I like my potato salad.
Do you like eggs in your potato salad? Inquiring minds (well, just mine) want to know. Let me know in the comments below! :)
I’m also in love with the flavor of this classic potato salad. It’s just so creamy and delicious.
The one ingredient that my mom’s potato salad recipe did not include are the celery seeds. I’ve found that I absolutely love the extra flavor that celery seeds add to the recipe and I never leave them out.
It’s officially spring here in Ohio but it’s been far too cold to consider having a cookout.
You can bet that the first warm day we get I’ll be firing up the grill, making some burgers and whipping up a big batch of this classic potato salad for my family to enjoy.
I’m really in my happy place during the summer on those lazy Saturdays when I can relax in the backyard with my friends and family.
RELATED: Looking for another delicious summertime side dish? We also have the BEST sweet coleslaw recipe!
If you’ve been looking for an amazing potato salad recipe, you should definitely pin this one so you don’t forget it!
I’d also like to challenge each of you to really soak up every moment of spring and summer this year. THESE are the good old days, and every single second that we can spend with our families are moments that we should treasure.
This yummy classic potato salad just makes those moments a little bit more delicious. :)
Classic Potato Salad
This creamy classic potato salad is easy and delicious. Whip some up for your family cookout!
- 8 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 5 hard-boiled eggs diced or sliced
- optional, paprika for garnish
- Boil potatoes in salted water 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Cool to room temperature and peel.
- Dice potatoes and put into a bowl.
- In another bowl mix together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, celery seed, and pepper until well blended. Add the diced potatoes, celery and onions to the mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Sprinkle with paprika, optional.
- Refrigerate until chilled.