Our crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe is comfort in a bowl. This wonderful slow cooker chicken noodle soup will warm your belly and your heart!
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
One of the first recipes I learned to make as a teenager my mom’s crock pot chicken noodle soup recipe.
Her recipe has changed a little over the years, but all in all, this is the same wonderful dish I can remember smelling when I came home from school as a kid.
It’s truly a wonderful and comforting chicken noodle soup recipe that’s so simple to make in your crock pot!
There must be something that happens to my body in the winter that makes me crave chicken noodle soup even more than usual because I find myself wanting to make this soup at least a few times every month between October and March.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup in a Crock Pot
There’s nothing I love more than homemade chicken noodle soup in my crock pot.
My daughter is also a chicken noodle soup fan, so I can always count on her to be on board for having this crock pot chicken noodle soup for dinner!
The flavor combination of celery, carrots, garlic, onion, and herbs is just magical to me. My mouth is watering just thinking about this yummy soup!
Don’t forget to add the squeeze of lemon and fresh parsley at the end. It really brightens the dish up and adds that special something prior to serving.
If you’ve never made chicken noodle soup in a crock pot, now is the time. It’s so easy and SO amazingly delicious. Let me know if you try it! :)
Do you love slow cooker recipes? Don’t miss my crock pot 15 bean soup, my famous crock pot cheesy potato soup, and these amazing crock pot pork chops.
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Hearty and healing Crock Pot chicken noodle soup will warm your belly and your soul!
- 1 ½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken into a 6-quart Crock Pot. Season the chicken with a little salt and pepper on both sides.
- Add the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, thyme and the bay leaves to the pot. Pour in the 8 cups of chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot. Using two forks shred the chicken and return to the pot.
- Add the uncooked noodles stir and simmer just until tender. I simmered mine for about 6 minutes.
- Turn off the pot and squeeze in the lemon and the parsley and stir. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 4.7gSaturated Fat: 1.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2.7gCholesterol: 58.8mgSodium: 334.7mgCarbohydrates: 20.9gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 5.8gProtein: 20.5g
8 Comments on “Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup”
Sure you can freeze this, but don’t add the noodles till you thaw it…I find pasta doesn’t freeze to my liking!
This was pretty good. Very easy!! I think it needed a little more flavor…maybe if I used stock instead of broth? I’m thinking it will be better the next day :)
Can you freeze this soup.
Can you freezer the soup and reheat later?
SO easy and delicious! Picky eating boyfriend approved.
Yay, so glad you loved it! :)
Great recipe! Everything turned out amazing!
I love this recipe so easy and delicious. It turned out great. Thanks.