I’ve been on a real soup-kick lately and this ultra-creamy crock pot potato soup recipe is one that my whole family loves.
Crock Pot Potato Soup Recipe
Before anyone says it, yes, I know that Crock Pot is a brand name and that most people these days say slow cooker instead.
I just can’t help it, y’all. A crock pot is a crock pot to me, even if it’s not a Crock Pot. Who’s confused? HA! If you’re interested, this is the Crock Pot I use the most in my own kitchen.
No matter what you call the magical kitchen appliance that it’s cooked in, you’re going to love this cheesy and delicious potato soup recipe.
The pound of Velveeta cheese in this soup pretty much means it tastes perfect. Yep, I said it. This potato soup is perfect!
This soup actually reminds me of the cheddar baked potato soup from Bob Evans which I’ve been obsessed with for many years.
If you’re a huge fan of slow cooker recipes, don’t miss my easy crock pot pork chops.
I love to add some fresh chopped green onions and crispy crumbled bacon to the top of my crock pot potato soup, but it’s certainly good without anything added!
I know it can be sort of overwhelming when you go online to look for great family recipes.
You can never tell which ones are going to be winners and which ones are going to be losers, and frankly, ain’t nobody got time for loser recipes!
Trust me, this potato soup is both easy and delicious.
If you love potatoes and cheese, it’s really a no-brainer.
Oh, and SO MANY of you have asked me for an Instant Pot version of this recipe. I’m so happy to share my Instant Pot Potato soup! Don’t miss it!
I’ll love you forever if you Pin this recipe before taking off, and be sure to let me know how much you loved it in the comments below!
More Tasty Dinner Recipes
- Ground Turkey Vegetable Soup
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Tater Tot Casserole
- Instant Pot Chuck Roast
- Old Fashioned Goulash
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Navy Bean and Ham Soup
Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup Recipe
This easy, cheesy potato soup recipe is the perfect comfort dish for those chilly winter months or anytime you’re craving something delicious!
- 6 large peeled, Yukon Gold potatoes cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4-6 cups cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese, cut into chunks
- Bacon, fried and crumbled, optional
- green onions, optional
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and the chicken broth to a 4 quart or larger crock pot, stir and cook on high for about 3 ½ hours OR 6-8 hours on low, until potatoes are completely cooked and fork tender.
- At the end of the cooking time in step 1, whisk the 3 tablespoons of flour into the 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the potatoes, add the ½ cup heavy cream, stir then cover and cook for another 30 minutes. Add the chunks of cheese and allow to melt. Garnish with bacon and green onions.
Note: This recipe calls for 4 cups of chicken broth. You can add another cup at the end if you find the soup is too thick for your liking. If you’re shopping for a slow cooker, this one is my favorite.
Make a similar version of this soup in your Pressure cooker: Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup.