Earlier this week, I confessed to my Facebook community that I’d never tried quinoa. It’s true—I live in a small town—and until recently, I’d never seen it in the grocery store!
I changed all that this week when I prepared a fresh and delicious quinoa salad using a product that I am quite familiar with—Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast!
So, what happened when I combined Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, quinoa, and a few more of my favorite ingredients?
RELATED: Don’t miss my incredible Cowboy Caviar!
Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken is fully cooked, 98% fat free white meat and contains no preservatives, which I love. I’ve been using this diced chicken in a variety of dishes for the past few weeks, and I love how much time it saves me.
In case you’re wondering, I really loved the quinoa, too! It tasted great, and I loved the texture alongside the chicken, corn, tomatoes and black beans. I started with a great recipe from Jennifer’s Kitchen, and made just a few changes. Jennifer also offers a great tutorial on how to cook quinoa in her post.
Fresh cilantro, lemon juice, and olive oil really dress-up this salad. Also, isn’t just just pretty?
This dish is also better-for-you, yet, amazingly filling thanks to the 98% fat free Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast and quinoa. This is really the perfect summer salad—I hope you enjoy the recipe!
I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour conducted by Burst Media. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, but my opinions are my own.
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (one 16 oz. can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15 oz. can) corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced, or 10-15 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Mix Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, cooked and cooled quinoa, diced onion, garlic, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop parsley and cilantro, then stir into quinoa along with seasonings, black beans, and corn.
- Stir in oil, tomato, and pepper, immediately before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.