Mexican Quinoa Salad
Earlier this week, I confessed to my Facebook community that I’d never tried quinoa. It’s true—I live in a small town—and until recently, I’d never seen it in the grocery store!
I changed all that this week when I prepared a fresh and delicious quinoa salad using a product that I am quite familiar with—Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast!
So, what happened when I combined Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, quinoa, and a few more of my favorite ingredients?
RELATED: Don’t miss my incredible Cowboy Caviar!
Tyson® Grilled & Ready® chicken is fully cooked, 98% fat free white meat and contains no preservatives, which I love. I’ve been using this diced chicken in a variety of dishes for the past few weeks, and I love how much time it saves me.
In case you’re wondering, I really loved the quinoa, too! It tasted great, and I loved the texture alongside the chicken, corn, tomatoes and black beans. I started with a great recipe from Jennifer’s Kitchen, and made just a few changes. Jennifer also offers a great tutorial on how to cook quinoa in her post.
Fresh cilantro, lemon juice, and olive oil really dress-up this salad. Also, isn’t just just pretty?
This dish is also better-for-you, yet, amazingly filling thanks to the 98% fat free Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast and quinoa. This is really the perfect summer salad—I hope you enjoy the recipe!
I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour conducted by Burst Media. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, but my opinions are my own.
Mexican quinoa salad with grilled chicken
- 2 cups Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (one 16 oz. can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups (one 15 oz. can) corn, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium fresh tomato, diced, or 10-15 cherry tomatoes quartered
- Mix Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast, cooked and cooled quinoa, diced onion, garlic, and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop parsley and cilantro, then stir into quinoa along with seasonings, black beans, and corn.
- Stir in oil, tomato, and pepper, immediately before serving.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Recipe adapted from Jennifer’s Kitchen.All images and text © . If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! :)