Pumpkin sheet cake is a wonderful fall treat, and our brown butter frosting really sends this delicious sheet cake recipe over the top.
There are so many reasons to love sheet cakes!
Two big perks for me are that sheet cakes are easier to frost and they are easier to cut than regular cakes.
Plus, I love the cake-to-frosting ratio of a classic sheet cake. Have I ever mentioned that I’m a frosting junkie?
Pumpkin sheet cake plus brown butter frosting equals fall dessert heaven in my book.
Pumpkin Sheet Cake Recipe
This moist pumpkin sheet cake recipe is full of delicious ingredients.
- canned pumpkin
- granulated sugar
- powdered sugar
- vanilla extract
It’s pretty easy to tell just from this sampling of ingredients that this is the best pumpkin sheet cake ever.
Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
Don’t even get me started on that brown butter frosting, because it’s just SPECIAL.
Sure, you could also use a cream cheese frosting for this recipe, but if you give my brown butter frosting a whirl I think you’re going to adore it.
Brown Butter Frosting is totally magical!
Browning the butter gives it a nutty, caramel-like flavor that infuses the frosting with so much incredible, rick flavor. It pairs so nicely with the pumpkin sheet cake.
Honestly, this recipe is going to knock your socks off.
Both feature cream cheese frosting recipes!
You’re going to need a jelly roll pan when you make this pumpkin sheet cake.
TIP: If you’re planning to serve this pumpkin sheet cake at a party or event, you can pre-cut the cake and place a pumpkin candy in the middle of each piece to add a little extra decorative flair!
Sheet cakes are so easy to make, so why not try this simple and sophisticated pumpkin sheet cake with brown butter frosting this fall?
You’re going to love it and so will your friends and family. I promise!
More Pumpkin Recipes
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 x 17 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and the salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the pumpkin, sugar, and the oil. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely
- Mix together the milk and the vanilla and set aside.
- Add the powdered sugar to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Over medium heat melt the butter stirring constantly. When the butter becomes very frothy and turns brown remove from the heat.
- Add the milk and the vanilla mixture to the powdered sugar. Add the browned butter. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Immediately spread on the cooled cake.
For a thinner frosting add milk a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 pieces Serving Size: 1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 9.4gSaturated Fat: 4.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4.5gCholesterol: 45.9mgSodium: 218.6mgCarbohydrates: 43.3gFiber: 1gSugar: 33.8gProtein: 2.5g