Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
I’ve been meaning to blog this crock pot white chicken chili recipe for a long time because it’s such a HUGE hit with my family!
I’m not sure how it’s possible, but I was almost 30 years old before I tried white chili for the first time. I wasn’t much of a beans fan growing up, so chili in general was not always my favorite.
Well, my tastebuds did a complete 180 when I got a little older, and now I find that recipes utilizing beans are often some of my favorites.
Crock Pot White Chicken Chili Recipe
I love almost any type of chili these days, but I really adore this crock pot white chicken chili the most. The flavor is so rich, creamy and delicious thanks mostly to the green chilis and sour cream in the recipe.
Also, for the record, I just can’t get into the habit of calling a slow cooker a slow cooker. I was raised calling it a crock pot, even though I realize that Crock Pot is actually a brand name.
Tell me I’m not the only one!
RELATED: Be sure to check out my clean eating turkey chili for a lighter option!
I’m also loving this recipe because I can let the chicken cook during the day while I’m working and then finish the recipe closer to dinnertime.
The chicken turns out so tender that it’s literally melting into pieces by the time you start adding your beans.
The sour cream, which you add at the end of the process, really mellows the green chili flavor and just brings everything together in a really special way.
This crock pot white chicken chili recipe is one of my favorite family dishes and I find that I start craving it every year when the weather starts turning cooler.
Yep, I’m planning to make it again this week!
Do you love white chili as much as I do?
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 4 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sour cream
- Add chicken breast to crock pot and top with, garlic, salt, cumin, pepper, chiles, and onion. Stir to coat chicken breasts. Cover with chicken broth and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the lid of the slow cooker and shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Now add your beans and return lid to finish cooking.
- Turn off the slow cooker and remove lid; stir in sour cream until incorporated.
- Optionally, top with shredded cheddar cheese, fresh cilantro, green onions or avocado.