It’s just not a holiday dinner in my home without this scrumptious holiday yam bake with marshmallows on top. Yes, my family happens to LOVE the addition of the marshmallows to this holiday yam bake, and I aim to please!
Are you for marshmallows or against when it comes to your yam casserole?
Holiday Yam Casserole Recipe
I tend to go for a sweet potato casserole with a crunchy brown sugar and pecan topping, but, I usually end up making this delicious holiday yam bake with the marshmallow topping because I love pleasing the rest of my family.
Don’t get me wrong, this recipe is still super delicious and it’s PERFECT for all of you marshmallow fans. :)
Any sweet potato/yam dish always ends up being my favorite meal on our Thanksgiving table.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about all of this delicious food!
I first found this holiday yam bake recipe in one of my grandma’s old church cookbooks.
Is it just me, or are those church cookbooks full of the BEST recipes ever?
I certainly think so, and this yummy holiday yam casserole is no exception. I’ve been making it for about three years now. Sometimes there’s just really no need to mess with a great recipe.
Be sure to pin this tasty holiday side dish to your favorite boards on Pinterest, and you can grab a printable link to the recipe below.
More Holiday Sides
- Cinnamon Glazed Carrots
- Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Brown Sugar Topping
- Green Bean Casserole
Don’t Forget Dessert!
- Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 ( 40 oz. can) yams, drained
- 1 ( 8 oz. can ) crushed pineapple and juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 1 ½ quart-casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain the yams and mash well. Drain the pineapple add the juice to the mashed yams. Add the brown sugar and the melted butter and mix well. Stir in the pineapple and the pecans.
- Spoon mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle the marshmallows over the top. Bake approximately 10 more minutes or until the marshmallows begin to brown.