Cinnamon Glazed Carrots
Do you have a favorite side dish? If I could have only one vegetable on my plate for the rest of my life, it might just be these incredibly delicious cinnamon glazed carrots.
These tasty little cinnamon glazed baby carrots are my favorite Thanksgiving side dish, but I also love making them for my family on regular weeknights, too. When your kids gobble up their veggies at dinner time you know you’ve got a winning recipe.
Cinnamon Glazed Carrots Recipe
I wasn’t a huge fan of cooked carrots growing up, but I acquired a taste for glazed baby carrots thanks to frequent visits to Cracker Barrel restaurants on family vacations as a kid.
My cinnamon glazed carrots isn’t quite like the Cracker Barrel recipe, in fact, it’s far superior. Yes, I said it! These glazed baby carrots are just flat out amazing. If you’ve tried honey glazed baby carrots or even brown sugar glazed carrots, you’re going to love the addition of cinnamon to the glaze. It really adds something special to the dish.
Even though I make these cinnamon glazed carrots all year long, there’s something about this flavor profile that really puts me in the mood for the fall and for Thanksgiving.
My mom was such a big fan of this recipe that she even included it on her Thanksgiving table last year. I heard several compliments on the tasty carrots from family members, and my mom and I exchanged a knowing smile.
It’s so fun to be able to share recipes with family. Usually it’s my mom passing down her treasured family recipes to me, so it was nice to have the opportunity to share one of my own favorite recipes with her for a change.
I usually use baby carrots in this dish, but, you could certainly slice up some full size carrots if you’d like.
The glaze is really the star of the show here. I’m just positive that you’re going to adore this family favorite recipe.
If you end up giving my cinnamon glazed carrots a whirl, would you be so kind as to leave me a comment letting me know what you and your family thought about it? It’s so helpful for new visitors to have some feedback on the post. Thanks a bunch, and happy eating! :)
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, optional
- Place carrots into a large saucepan, pour in enough water to reach depth of 1 inch over carrots, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer carrots until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan; stir brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and white pepper into butter until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Transfer carrots into brown sugar sauce; cook and stir until carrots are glazed with sauce, about 5 more minutes. Transfer to serving bowl and toss with fresh thyme before serving.