I’d like to thank NABISCO for sponsoring this post.
My kids are thrilled to be getting out of school for the summer, but I’m pretty excited, too. I’m more than ready for fun in the sun and quality time with family and friends.
Quality time for us means family cookouts, and this year, with a little help from NABISCO, it’s my mission to remix our backyard BBQ’s. I want to get creative and turn up the fun factor, starting with the food!
Tell me, don’t these gorgeous OREO strawberry smoothie cheesecake bars look scrumptious?
OREO Strawberry Smoothie Cheesecake Bars
I wanted to transform my simple strawberry smoothie recipe into an easy summer dessert that my whole family would love.
With just a few ingredients and some OREO magic, I was able to create these cool, creamy and delicious bars!
I’m a huge fan of using OREO Cookies to create unique desserts, and any recipe that starts off with an OREO crust is an instant winner with my crew.
The filling in my OREO strawberry smoothie cheesecake bars tastes just like a cold and creamy fruit smoothie.
I love using sweet and juicy strawberries in this recipe, but you could easily mix it up by adding the fresh or frozen fruit of your choice. Blueberries, raspberries or blackberries would also taste incredible. You could even go totally nuts and use a combination of your favorite berries to created a mixed berry smoothie treat.
While I’m usually a fan of sticking to my tried and true summer recipes, I think it’s so much fun to experiment and create new family classics.
You really can’t go wrong when you’re whipping up desserts with amazing ingredients like OREO Cookies!
My daughter, Kara, even got in on the recipe creation fun by suggesting that we used some crushed OREO Cookies to garnish the top of our bars. She said that the OREO sprinkles would make the bars “extra-cute” and she was right!
It was fun to cut loose in the kitchen to create a yummy remixed dessert, and I also decided to let the kids cut loose at our backyard BBQ last weekend.
Everyone loves a good water balloon fight, but I made this one super fun by the kids when I told them that they got bonus points for hitting mommy or daddy with a balloon.
Now THAT’S what I call fun! Evan and Kara had a blast chasing me and my husband down with water balloons. I really only intended to take one hit, but it ended up being more like a dozen!
You really can’t beat good company, yummy food and water balloons.
I hope you’ll try these amazing OREO strawberry smoothie cheesecake bars and that it helps inspire you to come up with some new family classics of your own.
Share + Win
Be sure to comment with your own remixed NABISCO recipe concepts and BBQ party planning tips, and share them with me on social using the hashtags #NABISCO #BBQRemix.
Don’t miss this wonderful sweepstakes from NABISCO! Register now for your chance to WIN a trip for four (4) to see Lady Antebellum live in Nashville. You could also win one of ten (10) Remix Your BBQ Prize Packs sure to put more sizzle in all your BBQs and cookouts. Enter at NABISCOBBQ.com.
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 ( 8 oz. packages cream cheese)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- ½ tub (8 oz.) whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the OREO Cookies to a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Add the butter and pulse until blended. Dump into an 8 x 8 baking pan. Firmly and evenly press into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until well blended. Add the quartered strawberries to a blender and pulse several times leaving some texture. Pour the pulsed strawberries into the cream cheese and sugar mixture and mix until well blended. Stir in the whipped topping. Evenly spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.