Baked pumpkin cake donuts are one of my favorite fall treats. The way they smell when they are baking in the oven is just heavenly, and I love that they are a relatively no-fuss pumpkin dessert that the whole family will love.
I mentioned that these pumpkin cake donuts smell fantastic while they are in the oven, but the funny thing about these donuts is that they actually get better with time! They taste even better the next day if that’s possible!
That said, when you store these donuts you don’t want to put them in a plastic bag. I tend to put cookies and other desserts in gallon zip lock bags, but with these, they may become soggy that way. I recommend a paper-towel lined plastic container to store them.
I baked these pumpkin cake donuts in this great little donut pan that you can pick up on Amazon. Baked donuts are so easy to make and I’ve found that I use this pan quite often, especially around the holiday season.
If you love pumpkin but aren’t a huge fan of cinnamon, you can adjust the amount of cinnamon in the sugar topping. You can reduce the cinnamon to 1 tablespoon or even make it 3 tablespoons if you REALLY LOVE cinnamon! Dropping it completely is a choice too.
This is a really simple recipe but truly so delicious. It brings all that delicious pumpkin spice flavor that everyone loves this time of year, and it’s the perfect companion for a hot cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning.
Calling all pumpkin fanatics! If you think my baked pumpkin donuts look great, don’t leave my blog until you’ve grabbed the recipe for my famous pumpkin crunch cake and the best pumpkin cookies you’ll ever eat.
Also, be sure to share this recipe with your friends on Facebook by clicking the blue share button on this post. It’s that time of year, so share the pumpkin-love. :)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 15oz. can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups +2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 stick melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients through the baking powder, beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the flour stirring until smooth.
- Fill the wells of the donut pans about 3/4 full. Bake donuts 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from the oven, after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges, and transfer them to a rack to cool.
- While donuts are still warm, but no longer fragile, quickly dip them on each side in the melted butter, then gently shake them in a bag with the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Best if not stored in a plastic bag they may become soggy.