Do you ever get bored with the same old steamed vegetables? I know I do, and that’s why I’ve been such a fan of roasting my veggies lately. One of my favorite roasted vegetable combinations is this easy roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes dish.
I find that I really prefer the texture and flavor of roasted vegetables, and while you may not think broccoli and sweet potatoes sound like a match made in heaven—actually—they are!
Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potatoes: Nutrition
This roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes dish is not only an amazingly-tasty as a side, it’s also super good for you. Any time I can get two superfoods on the same plate for my kids, I consider it a huge win!
As you probably know, sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and potassium.
Of course, broccoli is equally healthy, packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, bone-building vitamin K, and lots of fiber to fill you up and help control your weight.
My recipe for roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes is very basic, because my kids’ prefer their foods easy on the garlic and seasonings, but, keep in mind you can add garlic and your favorite herbs to dress-up the dish—it’s really quite simple and certainly versatile.
Hope you enjoy this tasty roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes recipe!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 large heads of broccoli, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary, dry thyme, or your favorite herb(s) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes and chopped broccoli to a medium bowl with oil, salt, pepper and optional garlic and herbs. Toss to coat vegetables evenly.
- Spread the cubed sweet potato and chopped broccoli on nonstick baking sheet (or use parchment paper on baking sheet.)
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until tender and brown.